Sunday, September 15

Flushed - Chapter 1: Home Alone

Ok, so I know I promised something other than fanfiction . . . I have been putting off writing this one for over a year, but it finally wouldn't let me ignore it any longer. This is the first time in years I've ever attempted a multi-chapter story,but here's the first chapter of my Flushed Away/ Doctor Who fusion . . .

Flushed 

Chapter 1: Home Alone

The little girl leaned over the ornate gold cage. “Goodbye Jamie. We’ll be back in just a few days. Here’s some extra food, so you won’t be hungry.” As she spoke, the child poured out a pile of dry food pellets into the middle of the cage, shaking the box until the pile took up most of the cage floor.

“Reinette, don’t overfeed him. We’re only going to be gone a couple days. Now, hurry up. We need to go or we’ll be late for our tour of Versailles.”

The young girl closed the cage door and walked out of the room, pausing in the doorway to wave goodbye one last time. “I’ll miss you, my Angel” she whispered.

Once the house was quiet Jamie emerged, opening his cage door from the inside and stepping out into the expanse of the empty house. He ran a paw through the patch of dark brown fur on top of his head, causing it to stick up like a rooster comb. 
“Right, first a visit to the wardrobe, I think . . .”

Jamie talked to himself while he rummaged through the closet of doll clothes, glad his slim build allowed him to wear so many of the available options. “Oh, black leather jacket. I like it but I don’t think it’s really me anymore. Coat of many colors? Too much, I think. Tuxedo? Unlucky. No ta. Oh! Perfect!”
__________

Jamie, now dressed in a stylish brown pinstripe suit and blue oxford shirt, had wandered into the kitchen gathering snacks for his movie marathon when he heard a loud crash from the hall. His ears twitched as he nervously crept into the media room to investigate. 

On the large white sofa sat a dark furred rat, yelling at the footie match playing on the giant screen. He was dressed in old, dark jeans, a football jersey under a grey hoodie. Noticing Jamie, he shouted “Who’s this then? Whatcha doin’ here, Mate?” He snorted, waving a puffed cheese snack toward Jamie. “What are you, the butler” he laughed. “Name’s Mickey, and this is my house now. You gotta problem with that?” 

Looking Jamie up and down, he shook his head dismissively and turned back to the game. “What’s your name, Mate?” he called back over his shoulder, eyes firmly fixed to the action on the screen.  

“What? What? What? How? Who?” Jamie sputtered for a long moment before claiming a place on the sofa himself.” Holding out a paw to Mickey, he introduced himself “James McCrimmon of Gallifrey. Jamie.” 

Mickey laughed, slapping a dusty orange snack into Jamie’s open paw, before returning his attention to the game. “You like Footie, Jamie? Big match this weekend. England is playing Spain for the World Cup. And I‘m gonna to watch the whole thing. Here. On this big telly, on this comfy couch, in this big old house. And you are not gonna give me any problems about it, are ya mate? ‘Cause like I said, this is my house now.”

Jamie, deciding that a little subterfuge was in order to defend his home from his unwanted guest, offered to show Mickey the amenities, including the ‘whirlpool tub.’ Leading Mickey into the master bathroom, Jamie nodded to the water calmly waiting in the toilet bowl “If you’ll just get in, I’ll push this lever and start the bubbles.”

“So you want me to jump in there so you can flush me,” Mickey turned and pushed Jamie into the water. Not happenin’ mate. Let’s see how you like being flushed” he yelled as he pushed the lever, leaving Jamie begging and panicked as the water pulled him into the pipes and away from everything he had ever known. 


Chap 2 Chap 3 Chap 4 Chap 5 Chap 6 Chap 7 Chap 8 Chap 9

No comments:

Post a Comment